So last month’s earnings were insane at over $11,000 and November sees me dropping back down to planet earth with an income of $4,895.
I had one big deal for about $1,400 but, other than that biggie, it was mostly a month of small deals and some renewals. I kind of scratched and clawed my way to almost five grand. I was disappointed by a bunch of late payments, though, so I’m already off to a good start for December. Had everything come in as promised, this would have been an over $6,000 month, but its actually kind of nice to get December off on a good foot as I’ve had several pretty bad Decembers over the year, so I’m not going to complain too much.
- Adsense — $309 – Adsense shmadsense. Same as always.
- Affiliate sales — $111 – Still sucking but I’m not doing anything to stop the downward spiral.
- Advertising — $4,272 – A far cry from last month’s huge total but the lack of a giant $5,000 deal probably has a lot to do with that. Ah… if only those deals came along every month! But this is more in tune with my usual monthly earnings so I’m just settling back in and should get used to it.
- Referrals – $105 – A couple internet buddies came through this month with referrals.
- Ebook Sales — $98 – Fourteen sales.
I only spent $573 in November and not really on anything too interesting.
- Link Building Services — $147 – I’m still using Linkvana (14 day trial for $5 affiliate link/50 free outsourcing credits affiliate link). I’ve seen some great results for my Kampala site so I’m still on board with them despite many people saying that the days are numbered for link building services like these.
- Articles – $161 (£100) – I had four articles written for a couple of my sites but didn’t have any articles for link building this month.
- Domain Renewal – $95 – Go Daddy stuff.
- Facebook Ads – $135 (£30) – I paid a bit more for Facebook ads this month after seeing some great results (at least for the number of new ‘likes’) last month.
- Programming – $30 – I paid a bit extra to the guy working on my events plugin after asking for some small changes.
- Ebook — $5 – Monthly cost to sell my ebook.
Nothing too exciting this month. Pretty average earnings, nothing much spent, no new projects to report on. I’m still working on the website for the shared office space in Kigali that I’ve been working from. I’ll have to get that done by December 21st. I’m also trying to tweak a section of the living in Kampala site to display photos more nicely and I’ve volunteered to make a simple website for an organisation here in Kigali for vulnerable women. Should be a fun project!
I don’t have much up for December, either. Just a bunch of Xmas gatherings and stuff. Should be a fun month and I’m looking forward to an Xmas in the sun!